WordPress Website Developer
Sandbox Software Solutions, located in downtown Guelph, is seeking 2 WordPress Website Developers for its Guelph office. Ideally you have a College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, and 3+ years of experience, and a strong background in customizing open source Content Management Systems. Knowledge of themes, page builders and PHP are your strengths.
- Work with the development, administrative, and design teams to gain an understanding of the project needs
- Inform the development, administrative, and design teams of development best practices
- Work with content writers and graphic designers to build out websites or web-based applications
- Build and implement websites or web based applications using the appropriate technologies
- Ensure websites and web-based systems meet the requirements and quality standards set for the project (e.g., AODA AA compliance, W3C compliance)
- Ensure web solutions perform consistently across web browsers and devices
- Code custom integrations between web-based systems and third-party APIs or tools
- Ongoing communication with the development and project management teams regarding the status of projects
- Work with the web support team to complete escalated tickets
- Work with the web support team to carry out website and web application maintenance
- Mentor junior developers to build skills and enhance the team’s performance and productivity
- 3+ years of experience building websites in WordPress
- Web development best practices: W3C, AODA, responsive design/development, Google Performance
You have strong communication and technical skills, a keen eye and great attention to detail. You are organized and efficient, managing your time wisely as you tackle multiple projects simultaneously. You enjoy working with a team to produce websites that are beautiful, functional and you’re proud to say you built.
Ready to Apply?
Please send your resume, cover letter and example works (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.