Drupal to WordPress Migration Services
Sandbox has successfully supported several customers in moving small- and large-scale websites from the Drupal Content Management System into WordPress. Their reasons for switching are simple: customers are frustrated with the complexity of managing their sites and publishing content in Drupal as well as the high costs of ownership associated with upgrades between major versions.
How can Sandbox Help Migrate Your Website from Drupal to WordPress
Sandbox’s team provides strategic Drupal to WordPress website migration services that offer the opportunity for our partners to make some small enhancements and additions to their sites in the process. Our services include:
- An audit of your current site and recommendations on where to make improvements
- A session to discuss changes you’d like to see made to the site as part of the migration process
- The setup and configuration of your WordPress environment
- Sourcing of appropriate plugins and installation/configuration of those plugins
- Building out the web pages and components of your site
- Migrating content (copy, media, etc.) from your current site to the new WordPress build
- Quality assurance (cross device, cross browser, W3C, broken link checks and accessibility)
- Review of the finished product with your team
- Launch preparation and approval
- Launch support and warranty
- Optional: Ongoing support and maintenance
Note: Some features and tools may look or behave differently in your WordPress website as a result of switching from Drupal modules to similar WordPress plugins. Sandbox will work with your team to ensure the site functions as well or better than before.
What are the benefits of using WordPress?
There are several reasons why Sandbox uses WordPress as our open-source content management solution of choice. WordPress is:
- The world’s most installed Content Management System
- Extremely easy-to-use (publish with ease)
- Highly scalable and extendable (offers a large plugin pool and several integration plugins)
- Great for search engine optimization
- Very secure (with routine updates)
- Well supported with a large online support community and plenty of support materials (videos, tutorials, guides)
- Well serviced with a large vendor pool (providing vendor flexibility and more competitive pricing)
- Cost effective, with no licensing fees for the CMS (its open source)
Get started with your migration
The team at Sandbox Software would be happy to offer direction and advice on migrating your Drupal website into WordPress.